Rookie of the Year Candidate Hangs Up Spikes for Modeling Career

.

Kangaroo Court Now in Session

.

New Site Features

.

Modsquad Goodies

.

Media Alert

.
Name: Chris Lima
Position: Left Field
Number: 22
MOD Department: Audio Visual
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Trivia Question: Where did the Modsquad's love birds first meet?




Pre-game rituals

I’m inches away from being labeled psychotic when it comes to
pregame rituals.
I can’t shave on the day of a game, because my high school team
considered it bad luck.
I have to be wearing the number 22 somewhere.
As corny as it sounds, Kristen has to give me a kiss, otherwise,
she says I’ll tank at the plate. Oh yeah, and if I touch the foul line
with my cleats, I’ll be a basket case for the rest of the game.


Post-game rituals

See a therapist for all my pre-game rituals.
And check the stats and update the site.

Hitting/fielding philosophy

Look for holes in the other teams defense. Watch them during warm-ups to see
who’s got a good arm, who’s got a poor glove, who gets rattled easily, etc.
I watch the warm-ups to pick up on player tendencies, because it might
help late in the game when we have to decide to send a runner or not.

Sports played as child

Baseball, soccer, football, basketball.


Baseball position played growing up

Initially started out as a third baseman, then moved to second.
pitched for a while as well.

Favorite baseball player growing up
Don Mattingly

Goals for the season

Help bring home a championship, throw out a couple of base runners,
and get about 10,000 hits on the blog.

Nickname as a child

Didn’t have one until college; Suffern. Odd nickname, because that
was the name of our rival high school.

Off-the field hobbies

Proud owner of a non-profit film company Little Guy Productions
(non-profit not by choice). I play in a weekend softball league, too (Bombsquad).

Favorite food/tv show/movie/song

Swedish Fish/ESPN/Brazil/Hey Jude


Trivia Answer: Bennigan's Restaurant.

1 Response to "Player Spotlight: Chris Lima"

  1. Kristen Said,

    BENNIGANS!!! :)
    Yay!

     

    Latte Anyone?

    .
    The MOD Squad is not an official team affiliated with the March of Dimes Foundation, nor is it sponsored or endorsed by the Foundation. All MOD Squad players assume the risk of injury at the games as they would at any other non-March of Dimes activity.